Plancha de 27,9 cm (11 pulg.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Transform deli roast beef or leftover sliced steak into a quick sandwich meal. Pile on sautéed onions, peppers, mushrooms and cheese, and serve it on a soft toasted roll or homemade pita bread.
onion, sliced, use Cone #4
sweet pepper, green or red, sliced, use Cone #4
mushrooms, baby bella or button, cleaned and sliced, use Cone #4
rare deli roast beef, sliced thin
(3 ounces) Provolone or Muenster cheese
soft whole grain rolls
- Preheat griddle over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on griddle skitter and dissipate, approximately 5 - 7 minutes, add onions and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes until softened. Add peppers and mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 2 - 3 minutes until mushrooms give off liquid and soften.
- Push sautéed vegetables to one side of griddle.
- Sauté roast beef on griddle, tossing to heat thoroughly. Season with garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce.
- Divide roast beef mixture into 2 portions, top each portion with 2 slices of cheese and cook for 2 - 3 minutes until cheese melts.
- Cut rolls in half and place cut side down on griddle. Toast for 2 minutes until lightly browned.
- Place toasted rolls on plate. To assemble, top roll bottoms with sautéed vegetables and then with roast beef and melted cheese. Cover with roll tops.
- Serve immediately.
- Add a little spice to the sautéed vegetables with 1 - 2 diced jalapeños or other hot peppers.
- Substitute roast beef for sliced ham or turkey.