Unidad con Tapa de 4,7 L (5 Qt.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Dry spice rubs are a good way to infuse a lot of flavor into poultry, meats and fish without adding extra fat. This fragrant combination is inspired by the variety of spices used in African cuisine.
4 - 5
whole roasting chicken, giblets removed
(1.8 - 2.3
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
onion, cut into chunks
lemon, cut in half
pinch of cayenne pepper
- Remove giblets from inside of the chicken, rinse the chicken and pat dry with a paper towel. Rub inside of chicken with shredded garlic and place onions and lemon halves inside.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon, ginger and cayenne.
- Ease the skin of the chicken breast away from the flesh, being careful not to tear it, and rub with ¼ of the spice mix. Place skin back over breast meat. Rub remaining spice mix over the chicken skin, legs and wings.
- Place seasoned chicken in dish, cover and marinate in the refrigerator at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on roaster skitter and dissipate, add chicken with breast side down in roaster and press down slightly. Cook for 8 - 10 minutes until browned and chicken releases. Turn chicken over and brown on all sides.
- Place cover on roaster. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low. Cook chicken for approximately 1 ½ hours or until internal temperature reaches 165°F/74°C.
- Remove chicken from roaster and let rest for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Serve roasted chicken with rice, couscous or green salad.
- If you want a crispy skin, place under the broiler for a few minutes until golden brown. Remove Versa Loc™ handles before placing roaster under the broiler.
- Strain excess liquid in bottom of roaster and skim off excess fat. Season chicken broth with salt and pepper and serve with sliced chicken.