6 - 8 servings
Sartén Gourmet de 30,5 cm (12 pulg.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Peanuts, also known as ground nuts, make this stew rich and creamy. This is an easy one pan stew made with a variety of vegetables that are easily adaptable to what is available. Serve this with steamed rice or couscous.
onion, shredded, use Cone #1
cloves garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
ginger, shredded, use Cone #1
zucchini, medium dice
sweet potatoes, peeled, cut into medium dice
eggplant, peeled, cut into medium dice (approximately 2 cups)
diced tomatoes with juice
vegetable stock or water
organic peanut butter, smooth
salt and pepper, to taste
chopped peanuts and sliced scallions (optional garnish)
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately, 5 - 7 minutes, add onions, garlic and ginger. Sauté for 3 - 5 minutes until softened and lightly browned, stirring constantly during cooking.
- Add zucchini, sweet potatoes, carrots and eggplant. Sauté for 3 - 5 minutes, stirring carefully.
- Add cumin, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add tomatoes with juice and vegetable stock. Make a well in the center of skillet and stir peanut butter into the liquid to combine.
- Place cover on skillet. When Vapo-Valve™ clicks, reduce heat to low and cook for 12 - 15 minutes until vegetables are soft but not mushy.
- Taste and season with salt and fresh ground pepper, as desired.
- Substitute eggplant and zucchini for other ingredients such as okra, dark leafy greens or your favorite seasonal vegetable.
- Always start with a small amount of salt when cooking and adjust seasonings as needed.