Radishes come in a variety of shapes, colors and sizes: long thin spicy white daikon radish, smaller elongated white tipped French breakfast radish, more commonly available cherry radish, and more. Radishes are generally pungent and peppery flavored. Nutritionally, radishes contain fair amounts of vitamin C and potassium and are a great digestive aid and appetite stimulant. Radishes can be used raw or cooked.
- Process radishes and celery directly into a mixing bowl. Add olives, parsley, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Stir to combine and season with fresh ground pepper and salt. Add salt as needed after you have tasted the salad, olives will add a salty flavor.
- Divide salad into six servings and serve in Bibb lettuce cups.
- Garnish salad with fresh minced scallions.
- Add or substitute parsley with fresh cilantro.
- Add additional vegetables, thinly sliced, to salad such as fennel and zucchini or yellow squash.
- Serve salad in Bibb lettuce cup or with grilled chicken or fish for a light and refreshing meal.