10 servings, 3 pancakes per serving (approximately 30, 2 ½ in. pancakes)
Sartén Gourmet de 25,4 cm (10 pulg.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Small silver dollar size pancakes are easy to handle for toddlers. Shredded zucchini, carrots and sweet potatoes make a nutritious portable pancake that is delicious served warm or at room temperature.
zucchini or summer squash, shredded, use Cone #1
carrots, scrubbed and shredded, use Cone #1
sweet potatoes, shredded, use Cone #1
scallions, minced, white and green part
- Shred zucchini, carrots and sweet potato directly into a large bowl. Add scallions and mix to combine.
- In a small bowl, thoroughly combine cornmeal, baking powder, basil and salt.
- Add dry mixture to vegetables and mix to combine.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl. Pour over vegetables and stir to combine. Mixture should be slightly sticky.
- Roll approximately 2 tablespoons of mixture into small balls and flatten with the palm of your hand into a 2 ½ in. pancake.
- Preheat skillet over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled on skillet skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, place pancakes in skillet without overcrowding.
- Cook pancakes for 3 - 4 minutes on each side until golden brown. The insides will still be moist.
- Serve pancakes as is or top with applesauce, plain yogurt or sour cream.
- Substitute cornmeal for gluten-free flour blend.
- Pancakes can be frozen and reheated in the oven at 350°F/177°C until warmed and crispy.
- Substitute all or half of the sweet potato for russet potato or red potato.