Rub flank steak with a southwestern-style dry rub to infuse flavor without adding extra fat. Serve thinly sliced grilled flank steak with warm corn tortilla shells and top with freshly made corn salsa.
Saladmaster seasoning blends are limited edition.
- Trim flank steak of excess fat and place on a large plate. Sprinkle seasoning blend over both sides and rub seasoning into meat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Meat can also be marinated overnight.
- Add corn, red onions, tomatoes, salt, cumin, lime juice, olive oil and cilantro to a bowl. Stir to combine, cover bowl and set aside.
- Pour 1 quart water into bottom of broiler pan or until it reaches the marks stamped inside. Place grill rack onto broiler pan.
- Plug in cord to electrical outlet and preheat for about 5 minutes.
- If meat is refrigerated, bring to room temperature before cooking. Place meat on grill rack and cook for 10 - 12 minutes on each side; meat will be medium rare. Remove from grill rack and transfer to a platter. Cover meat with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 - 15 minutes.
- While meat is resting, grill corn tortillas for 1 - 2 minutes on each side to soften. Transfer warmed tortillas to a dish and cover with a clean cotton towel to keep warm.
- Slice flank steak against the grain at a wide angle, very thinly. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- To serve, place several slices of meat into each tortilla and top with a tablespoon of grilled corn salsa.
- Substitute cilantro for parsley.
- Serve additional toppings as desired: Siracha or hot sauce, shredded lettuce, sour cream, or avocado.