10 - 12 servings as a side dish
Bol de Doble Pared
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
This easy to make salad is a nice addition to any barbecue or gathering. Serve this as a vegan or vegetarian main dish or pair it with grilled tofu, tempeh, fish, chicken or burgers.
green or red cabbage, sliced, use Cone #4
zucchini (3⁄4 pound), trimmed and scrubbed, use Cone #2
yellow summer squash (3⁄4 pound), trimmed and scrubbed, use Cone #2
cherry tomatoes or small heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
scallions, white and green part, trimmed and minced
black beans, drained and rinsed
fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
apple cider vinegar
- Using the food processor, process cabbage, zucchini and yellow squash directly into a large mixing bowl.
- Add tomatoes, scallions, black beans, jalapeños and herbs. Stir to combine.
- Just before serving, add olive oil, vinegar, salt and cumin. Stir to combine.
- Taste and add any additional seasonings as desired.
- Substitute red onions for minced scallions.
- Top salad with shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Refrigerate salad until ready to serve. Adding the dressing right before serving will maintain a nice crisp and crunchy texture.