This healthy one pan meal inspired by Filipino-style chicken curry has it all. Use your favorite curry spice blend and fresh ginger for spicy and pungent flavors. Add in potatoes, carrots and sweet red peppers and simmer until tender in coconut milk for a nutritionally balanced dish that is ready to serve right from the 5 Qt. Multi-Purpose Oil Core Roaster (MP5).
- Preheat MP5, uncovered, at 375°F/190°C.
- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper on both sides. Add chicken to preheated MP5 and brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside. Drain off any excess grease.
- Add onions, garlic and ginger to MP5. Sauté for 3 - 4 minutes until vegetables are softened.
- Add curry powder and stir to combine. Lightly toast spices.
- Add carrots, potatoes, red peppers, coconut milk, chicken stock and fish sauce. Stir for several minutes to combine.
- Add browned chicken pieces and place cover on MP5.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce temperature to 200°F/90°C and cook for 30 minutes or until chicken and vegetables are cooked through and tender.
- Serve chicken curry warm and garnished with chopped cilantro or scallions.
- Add in additional vegetables, if desired: summer squash, zucchini or green beans.
- Adjust amount of curry powder according to the type of powder being used; some are sweeter and some are spicier and hotter.