6 - 8 servings
Olla Eléctrica Multifunción con Núcleo de Aceite de 4,7 L (5 Qt.)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Mussels are economical, available in most markets and so delicious. Mussels are a flavorful shellfish that cook quickly and pair well with crusty bread, rice or pasta. Serve this dish warm or chilled with a splash of lemon juice or wine vinegar.
leeks, cut in half lengthwise and sliced into thin pieces, white part only
fennel bulb, trimmed, cut in half, core removed and sliced into thin pieces
cloves garlic, peeled and shredded, use Cone #1
dry white wine
dried thyme leaves
mussels, fresh, cleaned and debearded
tomato, fine dice, juices included
parsley leaves, chopped
fresh ground pepper to taste
extra-virgin olive oil or grass fed sweet butter (optional)
- Place mussels in colander in the sink and rinse thoroughly with cold water to remove debris and any dirt. Remove beards by pulling gently and discard any opened mussels.
- Preheat MP5, uncovered, at 375°F/190°C.
- Add leeks, fennel, garlic and salt. Sauté until softened, about 6 - 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add white wine and thyme, and stir to combine. Place cleaned mussels on top of vegetables. Place cover on MP5.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce temperature to 285°F/140°C and cook for 4 - 5 minutes or until mussels have opened.
- Remove mussels and place in a clean bowl. Add diced tomatoes, parsley and fresh ground pepper to taste. Add olive oil or butter, if desired. Stir to combine.
- Add mussels back to MP5 and toss to combine with sauce. Serve mussels warm.
- Serve mussels in shell with broth or remove them from the shell before adding them back to the broth.
- For a spicy kick of flavor add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper to steaming liquid.