3 Qt. Ultimate Culinaire with Cover (Limited Edition)
Saladmaster Food Processor
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Ginataan Manok is a simple and delicious chicken dish cooked in coconut milk. There are many variations; some include green papaya, bok choy, potato, pineapple and other vegetables. If you want a little spice add in Thai or green chili’s.
chicken, boneless chicken thighs cut into cubes or bone-in legs & thighs
onion, medium, sliced, use Cone #4
sweet pepper, (green, red or orange), sliced
garlic cloves shredded, use Cone #1
ginger, fresh, shredded, use Cone #1
baby red potato, scrubbed, cut in 1⁄2 or 1⁄4's (for larger potatoes)
spinach, fresh, cleaned and chopped if large
salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates, about 7-9 minutes.
- Season chicken pieces on all sides with salt and fresh ground pepper.
- Brown ½ of seasoned chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side in preheated Ultimate Culinaire. Remove chicken from pan and place in a clean dish. Repeat with remaining pieces of chicken.
- Sauté onion and pepper for 5-6 minutes until it softens add garlic and ginger and sauté for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add coconut milk, fish sauce, potatoes and chicken with any juices that have accumulated to the pan.
- Cover pan. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 35- 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove lid and stir in spinach, cook for an additional minute until spinach is just wilted.
- Taste and add in additional seasonings as desired.
- Omit potato from recipe and serve with rice
- Omit chicken and add in additional vegetables, bok choy, broccoli, green beans.