3 Qt. Ultimate Culinaire with Cover (Limited Edition)
Certified Health Coach & Natural Foods Chef
Descripción de la Receta:
Channa Masala, chickpeas stewed in a spicy tomato based sauce with warm and fragrant spices is a traditional Indian dish. This delicious tangy stew has the addition of winter squash or pumpkin added to it.
onion, medium, strung, use Cone #2
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
winter squash, strung, use Cone #2 (Choose sugar pumpkin, butternut squash, acorn squash or your favorite variety)
chickpeas, cooked, drained
diced tomato in juice
water or vegetable stock
cilantro or scallions, chopped (garnish)
- Preheat Ultimate Culinaire over medium heat until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates, about 7-9 minutes.
- Sauté onions, garlic and ginger for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- Mix garam masala, turmeric, coriander, cumin, chili powder, cayenne and salt together in a small bowl.
- Add winter squash, stir.
- Sprinkle spices over vegetables stir and cook for 2 minutes to toast spices.
- Add tomato and juices, chickpeas and water and cover pan.
- When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, turn heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, until squash is cooked through.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Serve as is or with chopped fresh cilantro on top.
- Serve with Indian spiced roasted potato.
- Serve with cucumber raita.
- Serve over steamed basmati rice