6 Qt. Grand Gourmet with Cover (Limited Edition)
Tijeras de Cocina
maple syrup or honey
smoky chipotle seasoning blend
chicken (butterflied or spatchcock)
small onion, Cone# 2
bell pepper, Cone# 2
- Butterfly chicken by using Saladmaster kitchen shears to remove excess fat, along with back bone. Dry chicken with paper towel.
- Preheat skillet on medium heat. Skillet is preheated once water forms into rolling beads in the pan.
- Place chicken in skillet, pressing breast side down. Pan fry for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and set on plate. Sauté onion and peppers.
- In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients and mix well. Pour 2⁄3 sauce over sautéed vegetables.
- Place chicken on vegetables, breast side up. Pour remaining sauce over chicken and cover. Once Vapo Valve clicks, reduce heat to low. Stovetop roast for approximately 10-12 minutes per pound.
- To thicken sauce, remove chicken from pan once it is cooked, and then set to medium heat to continue to cooking and reducing the sauce. Adding 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup while sauce cooks can also help sauce thicken.