Sartén Grande con Tapa de 27,9 cm (11 pulg.)
Sartén Gourmet de 20,3 cm (8 pulg.)
1.5 Qt. Double Walled Bowl
Bol de Doble Pared
Descripción de la Receta:
Who doesn't love a good enchilada!? What we don't love are the carbs that come along with them. This recipe takes all the goodness of the chicken filling and sauce and takes the carbs out by substituting the tortillas for zucchini, you won't even miss the tortillas! They're delicious, full of flavor and a healthier alternative - so don't worry, you don't need to feel bad about getting that extra serving in!
Like what you see? Find your Dealer for special offers, or try a hosting an in-home cooking show!
onion, strung, use Cone #2
garlic cloves, shredded, use Cone #1
zucchinis, use a vegetable peeler to make long ribbons
Monterrey jack cheese, shredded, use Cone #1
Mexican cream, or table cream
- Preheat skillet over medium heat for 7-9 minutes until a sprinkle of water skitters and dissipates.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until the onion is translucent, approximately 3-5 mins. Add the cactus and cooked shredded chicken and warm through. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cooled, add the mayonnaise, sour cream and salt to the filling mixture and set aside.
- Take the zucchini, wash it and cut the ends off. With a vegetable peeler, shave off ribbons that are the entire length of each zucchini and make them as wide as possible.
- Layer 3-4 ribbons of zucchini to form a "zucchini tortilla" and add a spoonful of chicken filling and roll the enchilada up as tight as you can to ensure that nothing falls out while it's cooking. Do this until you are out of chicken filling or ribbons.
- Add the salsa and cream to a small bowl and combine. Add a layer of sauce to the skillet and place your enchiladas over it. Once you have filled your skillet with the enchiladas, add another layer of sauce over them and sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Garnish with cilantro, queso fresco and jalapeños if desired.
- Cactus can be bought already cooked and jarred in any supermarket
- Substitute the cactus for jalapeños or corn