12 - 1 cup servings
Complete Gourmet Collection - 8.5 Qt. Roaster
Descripción de la Receta:
Creole Jambalaya is a Cajun favorite among many, especially in New Orleans. Louisiana. Filled with an abundance of meat and flavor, this one-pan meal will be one you continuously come back and make again and again.
chicken breast, cut into 1 inch pieces
sausage, cut into 1 inch pieces
shrimp, peeled and deveined
bell peppers, orange and yellow, diced
celery, sliced, use Cone #4
jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
white onion, strung, use Cone #2
garlic, shredded, use Cone #1
long-grain white rice
cajun or creole seasoning
salt to taste
- Preheat roaster over medium heat. When several drops of water sprinkled in roaster skitter and dissipate, approximately 7 - 9 minutes, add onions, garlic, celery, jalapenos and bell peppers. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken and sausage, cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the rice, crushed tomatoes, seasonings and chicken stock and cover. When Vapo-Valve™ begins to click steadily, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, Add shrimp and cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and has cooked through.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with green onions if desired.
- For a vegetarian option, substitute the meat for extra vegetables such as okra, zucchini, and squash. Use vegetable broth instead of chicken stock.